It's Not To Late: Enter CITY Awards TodayMarch 16, 2012
HOW TO ENTER THE 2012 CITY AWARDS
►STEP 1 CHOOSE YOUR CATEGORY OR CHOOSE SEVERAL
Only one product entry per category is allowed, multiple entries from the same brand in the same category will not be accepted.
CITY FOR PRODUCT INNOVATION
A. Color Cosmetic Product: Face or Body—Retail Distribution (Mass Chain Store, Department, Specialty, Discount, Drug Store) or Professional Distribution (Salon/Spa, Doctor’s Office)
B. Skincare Product: Face—Retail Distribution (Mass Chain Store, Department, Specialty, Discount, Drug Store) or Professional (Spa/Salon, Doctor’s Office)
C. Bath & Body: Retail Distribution (Mass Chain Store, Department, Specialty, Discount, Drug Store) or Professional (Spa/Salon, Doctor’s Office)
D. Fragrance: Perfume/Home (Retail Distribution Only)
E. Haircare: Retail Distribution (Mass Chain Store, Department, Specialty, Discount, Drug Store) or Professional (Spa/Salon, Doctor’s Office)
CITY FOR PACKAGE DESIGN INNOVATION
A. Bath/Body/Haircare Package Design
B. Color Cosmetic Product Package Design: Professional (Spa/Salon, Doctor’s Office) and Mass (Chain Store, Department, Specialty, Discount, Drug Store)
C. Skincare Product Package Design: Professional (Spa/Salon, Doctor’s Office) and Mass (Chain Store, Department, Specialty, Discount, Drug Store)
D. Fragrance: Perfume/Home (Retail Distribution Only)
CITY FOR MARKETING/ADVERTISING INNOVATION
A. Print Advertisement: Trade or Consumer
B. Online Marketing Campaign
C. Grass Root/Innovative Marketing Campaign
NEW! Member’s Choice Award—Online voting by ICMAD Board of Directors.
►STEP 2 DETERMINE ELIGIBILITY & READ THE RULES
1. To be eligible for a CITY Award, any size company must be in the beauty industry, but does not have to be a member of ICMAD.
2. The product should have first shipped between April 1, 2011 and March 31, 2012.
Advertising programs initiated also must fall between these above dates.
• Only submitted materials will be judged.
• All entries must be shipped prepaid.
• Payment: Fee must be paid by check, credit card or money order payable to: Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors; drawn on a U.S. bank in U.S. dollars. To qualify for judging, all entries must include complete fees.
• Send five (5) product samples, which cannot be returned. Finalists will be required to send five (5) additional samples for promotional events.
• Please submit marketing materials, high-resolution digital product photos (both product and brand logo), and a 50-word description of the product.
• ICMAD has full rights to use the submitted materials / photos for CITY Award related promotional efforts.
• Deadline for all entries is April 15, 2012.
• There is a $50 late fee for entries submitted after the deadline of April 15, 2012.
• To qualify for judging, each category must have a minimum of three entries submitted. Entries and fees will be returned if a category does not receive at least three entries.
►STEP 3 SUBMIT ALL YOUR ENTRIES
Completed Entry Includes:
•Completed entry form and entry fee.
•ENTRY FEE: $200 per entry for ICMAD members/$400 per entry for non- ICMAD members.
•Five (5) product samples or five (5) advertising boards + digital delivery of online materials.
•Digital photos provided on CD or USB flash drive.
•Any relevant support materials (5 sets).
Judging will be completed by five (5) industry influentials and will include a mix of retailers, distributors, online beauty editors, consumer magazine editors, and PR agencies. They will evaluate each entry and select three (3) final nominees for each category.
Judges will base their decision on the following:
• Does the product or advertisement demonstrate originality?
• Does it influence or advance the category?
• Does it answer an unmet consumer or retailer need?
• Does it provide sales opportunity as well as creativity?
• Does it provide unique opportunities for every link in the cosmetic business chain?
• April 15 entry deadline
• April 30 late entry deadline
• May 15 judging
• May 20 final nominees announced: 3 finalists per category
• June 20 CITY Award Ceremony
• August 19th – 25th, 2012, Trunk Show
Cosmetic Innovator of The Year 2012 Award winners will be able to enjoy exposure to consumer and trade media, presence in new distribution retail outlets, and visibility to industry peers. Other benefits include:
• Feature in the ICMAD Digest (July/August 2012 issue) and the website (www.icmad.org).
• Participation in one-week trunk shows in various retail venues such as TV Shopping Channel (HSN) and retailers that may include (CO Bigelow, Beauty Collection, CosBar, Skins 6|2); and online (Zappos, beauty.com, amazon.com).
• Trade show exposure whenever ICMAD exhibits.
• ICMAD media partners print edition.
• Consumer and trade press promotion.
• Meet & greet with top online beauty editors before the CITY Award Dinner.
• Display of nominees products at CITY Award event in NYC on June 20th, 2012.
The 2012 Cosmetic Innovator Of The Year Award Winners will be featured as part of the “CITY” trunk show at independent brick and mortar stores around the U.S. as well as online e-commerce sites and on television. The trunk show dates are August 19th – 25th, 2012 and will be profiled in the September 2012 Digest.
A basket featuring all 2012 CITY winner products will be auctioned off on EBAY.com with proceeds going to charity.
<< Back to Latest News