How ICMAD Can Help International Companies Expand Their Businesses into the U.S.
Business services: ICMAD’s partners can provide basic business services at member discounts. Membership in ICMAD can help international cosmetic and personal care companies succeed in the vast and often confusing U.S. market:
- Discounted bar codes are available thru Simply Barcodes
- Credit card processing thru Benchmark Payment Networks
- Warehousing, logistics and pick-and-pack using proprietary software thru Smart Warehousing
- Up-to-date market information (at member rates) in the cosmetics sector from Kline & Company
- Customs documents from broker and freight forwarder Masterpiece International
Technical and regulatory services: ICMAD offers a wide variety of educational events and materials to help companies navigate the unique requirements of the U.S. regulatory framework, with discounts for members:
- ICMAD’s FDA Workshop features staff from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to help companies understand the current rules and regulations
- ICMAD’s Cosmetic Technical/Regulatory Forum taps ICMAD’s own experts to provide an industry perspective on the most pressing issues in the industry
- ICMAD’s webinars combine the most timely topics and experienced speakers in 60 minute discussions from the convenience of your computer
- ICMAD’s Online Cosmetic Reference Library features hundreds of white papers, presentations, documents, links and many webinars. Access is by subscription and members receive significant discounts.
- ICMAD provides educational sessions such as “Are You Ready to Import into the USA” at major trade shows, including Cosmoprof North America in Las Vegas, Cosmoprof Worldwide in Bologna and other topics at HBA Global Expo in New York.
Networking events: ICMAD hosts numerous networking events, providing the opportunity to talk to colleagues about current issues:
- Annual Meeting and CITY Awards Dinner
- Young Designers Celebration Dinner
- Receptions at Cosmoprof Worldwide, Cosmoprof North America and Cosmoprof Asia
ICMAD publications: Keep in touch with current events that could have significant impact on their business. Publications include the ICMAD Digest (monthly newsletter), ICMAD Guide to European Cosmetic Regulations, ICMAD Practical Guide to Selling Cosmetics in the U.S. and the ICMAD Labeling Guide. The new ICMAD Beauty Reference Guide is both an advertising opportunity for companies to promote products worldwide and also a resource containing information on the association and the industry.
ICMAD is a member of The Safe Cosmetics Alliance and a participant in the ICCR Global Cosmetic Harmonization Meetings.