A toolbox of networking events that connects you to opportunities.
- Annual Meeting
- Receptions and Tradeshows
- Networking Receptions
Relevant technical and regulatory information delivered to you such as:
- Labeling Information
- EU Guide
Innovative marketing ideas, tools and resources to get you results.
- Beauty Reference Guide
- CITY Awards
- Young Designers
ICMAD provides events to meet your industry need for knowledge. Check back often to see what we have planned.
COSMETIC & PERSONAL CARE
TRADE ASSOCIATION FOR ENTREPRENEURS
Welcome to the ICMAD website. ICMAD is a non profit trade association dedicated to providing programs and services to those creative, innovative cosmetic companies to help them succeed in the rapidly changing, highly competitive cosmetics and personal care industries.
Our mission is to represent, educate and foster the growth and profitability of entrepreneurial companies in the cosmetic and personal care industries worldwide.
- ICMAD West Coast Regional Event | ICMAD West Coast Regional Committee is honored to host Jeremiah McElwee, VP of Purchasing & Merchandising at Thrive Market. Do you want to hear about how Thrive Market is transforming the health, wellness, and beauty industry? Ever wonder how Whole Foods established their health and beauty standards? Do you want to meet the leader of the natural movement in the beauty industry? Then, do not miss this event!
- NEW ICMAD 2014 CARB Webinar | Complying with the NEW 2014 CARB Requirements. Learn about the new tools available for reporting. 2014 Surveys are due by November 1, 2015. Expert Guest Speakers: Carl DiClementi, Director of Technology and Ron Burgin, Global Business Systems Manager, Ithos Global. Moderated by: Craig Weiss, Chair, ICMAD Technical/Regulatory Committee.
- NSF Interactive GMP Training: Long Beach, CA | This one day course will train you to identify regulatory non-compliances before they become an issue, minimizing risk and adding measurable value to manufacturing process. This highly interactive training course will help attendees achieve an in-depth understanding of globally recognized ISO 22716 standards, along with the U.S. FDA?s recently updated draft guidance for cosmetics manufacturing.
- Cosmoprof Asia | The 2015 show will be held in Hong Kong, at the Hong Kong Convention Centre, November 11-13, 2015. Registration not yet available. Watch for details.
- Technical /Regulatory Forum | The ICMAD Cosmetic Technical/Regulatory Forum was created in 2005 by the Technical/Regulatory/ Legislative Committee to provide a practical, more business-oriented follow-up to the popular ICMAD/FDA Cosmetic Regulatory Workshops. The format is continually being updated in response to requests from member companies for more information on specific topics and for expert assessments on the latest issues that have captured the attention of consumers, regulators and industry. The 2016 workshop will be held February 25, 2016. Registration not yet available. Watch for details.
- FDA Cosmetic Regulations Workshop | This all-day seminar covers some of the latest issues in the cosmetic and personal care products industry: Updates on U.S. FDA activities The latest information on the labeling of over-the-counter drugs and cosmetics- interactive exercise Legal issues in the manufacture and distribution of cosmetics How to substantiate the safety of your cosmetics and what can happen if you don’t The 2016 workshop will be held in NYC May 12, 2016. Registration not yet available. Watch for details.
ICMAD West Coast Regional Event with Jeremiah McElwee |
ICMAD West Coast Regional Committee is honored to host Jeremiah McElwee, VP of Purchasing & Merchandising at Thrive Market, October 8, 2015.
ICMAD CEO Reinforces Need for Universal Standards |
Speaking on behalf of small businesses and entrepreneurs in the $60B cosmetic and personal beauty industry, Pamela J. Busiek, CEO of The Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors (ICMAD), will stress the vital need for uniform standards between retailers and regulatory agencies to strengthen safety, quality and trust throughout the supply chain, as she participates in an elite group of business leaders comprising the Global Retailers and Manufacturers Alliance (GRMA) in Ann Arbor, MI, Aug. 3.
Feinstein Bill Would Burden Small Business and Stifle Innovation |
The Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors (ICMAD) opposes the Cosmetics and Personal Care Products Safety Act introduced by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and co-sponsored by Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME), as it is places too large a burden on small business, stifles innovation in the cosmetics and personal care industry, and does not provide appropriate and significant national uniformity.
Cosmoprof North America - Events Not To Miss |
Cosmoprof North America, July 12-14, 2015, sign up for the following events featuring ICMAD members and staff.
Bring Your Product to Market: Regulatory Requirements to Launch; Are Your Marketing Claims Getting Unwanted Attention?; Are you Ready to Import in the USA?
CARB Extends 2013 Consumer Product Survey Deadline |
The California Air Resources Board has announced an extension of the March 2, 2015 deadline to submit company product, ingredient and sales data for the 2013 Consumer Products Survey. Several trade associations, including ICMAD, had submitted requests for additional time to allow their members to complete the survey, citing the late notification to smaller companies.
California ARB Survey Raises Questions for ICMAD Members |
Industry has concerns about the confidentiality of submissions to the California Air Resources Board under the expanded product survey, as well as the survey’s potential impact on future regulations in the state.
December/January 2015 |
Inside: Upcoming events- Young Designers Dinner and Technical/Regulatory Forum, Cosmoprof Asia recap and Member Spotlight Grande Naturals.
ICMAD and PBA Respond to FDA Statement on Discontinuing Talks for Cosmetic Legislation |
The Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors and the Professional Beauty Association are disappointed with the FDA’s letter advising that it had precipitously decided to discontinue negotiations with industry on legislation to modernize cosmetic legislation. Industry met in good faith for over a year with the FDA diligently working to reach a framework that would be the basis for a legislative initiative.
Regulatory Uniformity In U.S. Top Priority For ICMAD |
Small-business trade group the Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors will continue advocating in 2014 for uniform cosmetics regulations throughout the United States, CEO Pam Busiek said in a February 10, 2014 interview with “The Rose Sheet.” ICMAD cites collaboration with other industry trade associations as a highlight of 2013.