Representing Cosmetic and Fragrance industry issues both locally and on Capitol Hill.
Fostering business growth and success for ICMAD members.
- Tech Forum
- FDA Workshop
- Webinar Series
A toolbox of networking events that connects you to opportunities.
- Annual Meeting
- Receptions and Tradeshows
- Networking Receptions
Relevant technical and regulatory information delivered to you.
- EU Guide
-Selling in the U.S.
Innovative marketing ideas, tools and resources to get you results.
- Beauty Reference Guide
- CITY Awards
- Young Designers
ICMAD provides events to meet your industry need for knowledge. Check back often to see what we have planned.
Cosmetic & personal care
Trade association for entrepreneurs
Welcome to the ICMAD website. ICMAD is a non profit trade association dedicated to providing programs and services to those creative, innovative cosmetic companies to help them succeed in the rapidly changing, highly competitive cosmetics and personal care industries.
- 2015 ICMAD Cosmoprof Bologna Reception | ICMAD’s Cocktail Reception at Cosmoprof Worldwide Bologna in Bologna, Italy. The reception is March 20, 2015 from 7pm-9pm at the Ristorante NeoClassico, Plutone Room, Royal Carlton Hotel, Via Montebello 8, Bologna. Talk with ICMAD members, dignitaries, media and others attending Cosmoprof Bologna. There is no charge for this event. Please RSVP by March 16 at www.icmad.org
- ICMAD BUSINESS MEETING IN WEST PALM BEACH | Come meet the experts of our industry. A discussion of industry alerts and changes. Need to know issues. For more information please call 800-334-2623.
- Webinar: Selling Cosmetics in Israel | The U.S. – Israel Free Trade Agreement became effective in 1985, the first free trade agreement signed by the U.S. with another country. The agreement eliminated duties on manufactured goods by January 1, 1995. In 1985, Israel was the 30th largest trading partner of the U.S., but by 2005 it ranked 18th. Learn how to sell in Israel.
- 2015 FDA Cosmetic Regulations Workshop | ICMAD brings FDA staff and its own experts to cosmetic entrepreneurs to explain how to comply with laws and regulations to help companies succeed in a highly competitive industry.
CARB Extends 2013 Consumer Product Survey Deadline |
The California Air Resources Board has announced an extension of the March 2, 2015 deadline to submit company product, ingredient and sales data for the 2013 Consumer Products Survey. Several trade associations, including ICMAD, had submitted requests for additional time to allow their members to complete the survey, citing the late notification to smaller companies.
California ARB Survey Raises Questions for ICMAD Members |
Industry has concerns about the confidentiality of submissions to the California Air Resources Board under the expanded product survey, as well as the survey’s potential impact on future regulations in the state.
December/January 2015 |
Inside: Upcoming events- Young Designers Dinner and Technical/Regulatory Forum, Cosmoprof Asia recap and Member Spotlight Grande Naturals.
ICMAD and PBA Respond to FDA Statement on Discontinuing Talks for Cosmetic Legislation |
The Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors and the Professional Beauty Association are disappointed with the FDA’s letter advising that it had precipitously decided to discontinue negotiations with industry on legislation to modernize cosmetic legislation. Industry met in good faith for over a year with the FDA diligently working to reach a framework that would be the basis for a legislative initiative.
Regulatory Uniformity In U.S. Top Priority For ICMAD |
Small-business trade group the Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors will continue advocating in 2014 for uniform cosmetics regulations throughout the United States, CEO Pam Busiek said in a February 10, 2014 interview with “The Rose Sheet.” ICMAD cites collaboration with other industry trade associations as a highlight of 2013.